The Florida Keys Celtic Festival (FKCF) is an annual celebration of Celtic music, food and heritage. Entering its fifth year, FKCF attracts thousands of visitors to the two-day cultural event at the City Park in Marathon, Florida; where internationally famous bands, highland games, sheepherding dogs, and Celtic vendors regale the crowds. This year we will even entice everyone to enter a traditional “Celtic Village”!
The FKCF and its pre-event parties, the Summer Kilts in the Keys Party, August 6, 2017, from 5-7, at Herbie’s Bar & Chowder House, the Kilts in the Keys Kick-Off Party on January 5th, at the Marathon Grill & Ale House, and of course our 2nd Annual St. Paddy’s Day Golf Tournament at The Florida Keys Country Club March 17th, 2018 support the Hammock House free after-school and summer camp program.
Born out of concern for Middle Keys children who do not have enough to eat and often lack safe, affordable recreation when school is out of session, the Hammock House After School Care and Just for Fun summer & school break camps provide Marathon’s kids a no-cost, healthy place to thrive emotionally, intellectually, artistically and spiritually.
The 2018 Florida Keys Celtic Festival will feature family-friendly Celtic rock and Traditional music, Irish & Scottish Dancing, Pipes and Drums, Highland Athletics, Sheepdog Herding, a Children’s Glen with games, face painting and fun activities, and fabulous Celtic (and Keys) foods and crafts vendors. Festival goers may even catch a glimpse of the ConchNess Monster again during our famous parade!
Events will include:
- Women’s Highland Athletics Competition (sanctioned by Strongman)
- Men’s Highland Athletics Demonstrations (interested participants please contact Robert Gourlay at email@example.com)
- The Official Florida State Haggis Hurling Championship
- Returning for 2018: Sheepdog Herding Demo on both Saturday and Sunday!
- Beautiful St. Columba Episcopal Service featuring The Screaming Orphans at 9:30am, Sunday Morning